Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.48 meters/second, 1618.1 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 35.1"||1005.39 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||North||1005.53 mi|
|24 hours||10° 49' 37.1"||748.49 mi||East||4° 30' 12.8"||309.43 mi||North||810.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kisangani||Wed 7:14 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||NE|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Wed 7:14 PM||469 km||292 miles||253 nm||S|
|Tshikapa||Wed 7:14 PM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||SSW|
|Mbandaka||Wed 6:14 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||WNW|
|Bukavu||Wed 7:14 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||E|
|Impfondo||Wed 6:14 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NW|
|Bujumbura||Wed 7:14 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||ESE|
|Ruhengeri||Wed 7:14 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||E|
|Gitarama||Wed 7:14 PM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||E|
|Butare||Wed 7:14 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.