Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.50 meters/second, 1618.2 km/hour, 1005.5 miles/hour or 873.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 35.8"||1005.44 mi||West||0° 11' 22.0"||13.02 mi||North||1005.58 mi|
|24 hours||10° 49' 24.3"||748.27 mi||East||4° 30' 07.1"||309.32 mi||North||809.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandundu||Wed 6:34 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||SSW|
|Mbandaka||Wed 6:34 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||N|
|Impfondo||Wed 6:34 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||N|
|Brazzaville||Wed 6:34 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||SW|
|Kinshasa||Wed 6:34 PM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||SW|
|Ouésso||Wed 6:34 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||NNW|
|Franceville||Wed 6:34 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||W|
|Tshikapa||Wed 7:34 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||SSE|
|Dolisie||Wed 6:34 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Bimbo||Wed 6:34 PM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.