Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.60 meters/second, 1618.6 km/hour, 1005.7 miles/hour or 873.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 39.2"||1005.66 mi||West||0° 11' 21.6"||13.01 mi||North||1005.78 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 27.1"||747.28 mi||East||4° 29' 38.6"||308.78 mi||North||808.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abidjan||Wed 7:06 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||N|
|Harper||Wed 7:06 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||NNW|
|Accra||Wed 7:06 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Wed 7:06 PM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||N|
|Kumasi||Wed 7:06 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||NNE|
|Daloa||Wed 7:06 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Wed 7:06 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Wed 7:06 PM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||NW|
|Porto Novo||Wed 8:06 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NE|
|Lagos||Wed 8:06 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.