Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 20:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 20:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.68 meters/second, 1618.8 km/hour, 1005.9 miles/hour or 874.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.76 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 42.2"||1005.84 mi||west||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||north||1005.96 mi|
|24 hours||10° 47' 35.6"||746.38 mi||east||4° 29' 09.5"||308.22 mi||north||807.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 6:32 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Wed 5:32 PM||1300 km||808 miles||702 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Wed 5:32 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||W|
|Freetown||Wed 8:32 PM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Wed 8:32 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||NE|
|Praia||Wed 7:32 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||N|
|Bissau||Wed 8:32 PM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Wed 8:32 PM||1819 km||1130 miles||982 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Wed 8:32 PM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNE|
|Salvador||Wed 5:32 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.