Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.85 meters/second, 1619.5 km/hour, 1006.3 miles/hour or 874.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.77 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 50.6"||1006.29 mi||west||0° 11' 19.1"||12.96 mi||north||1006.38 mi|
|24 hours||10° 45' 17.6"||743.95 mi||east||4° 27' 29.6"||306.34 mi||north||804.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 6:52 PM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||WSW|
|Guayaquil||Wed 7:52 PM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Wed 7:52 PM||1097 km||682 miles||592 nm||E|
|San Jose||Wed 6:52 PM||1245 km||773 miles||672 nm||NNE|
|Cali||Wed 7:52 PM||1386 km||861 miles||749 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Wed 6:52 PM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||N|
|Panama||Wed 7:52 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Wed 6:52 PM||1571 km||976 miles||848 nm||N|
|Medellin||Wed 7:52 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||ENE|
|Santa Ana||Wed 6:52 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.