Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 4:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 04:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.92 meters/second, 1619.7 km/hour, 1006.4 miles/hour or 874.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.7"||1006.37 mi||West||0° 11' 16.8"||12.92 mi||North||1006.44 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 42.7"||742.10 mi||East||4° 25' 54.7"||304.51 mi||North||801.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Wed 6:54 PM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:24 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 6:24 PM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 8:24 PM||2971 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 6:24 PM||3074 km||1910 miles||1660 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:24 PM||3238 km||2012 miles||1748 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:24 PM||3671 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 6:24 PM||3882 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 5:24 PM||3947 km||2453 miles||2131 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 4:24 PM||4118 km||2559 miles||2224 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.