Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 5:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 05:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.92 meters/second, 1619.7 km/hour, 1006.4 miles/hour or 874.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 58.0"||1006.38 mi||West||0° 11' 16.2"||12.91 mi||North||1006.45 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 22.4"||741.70 mi||East||4° 25' 30.5"||304.05 mi||North||800.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:14 PM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Wed 7:14 PM||1990 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 7:14 PM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:14 PM||2423 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 7:14 PM||2547 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 7:14 PM||2720 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:14 PM||2769 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||W|
|Alofi||Wed 6:14 PM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:14 PM||3383 km||2102 miles||1827 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 6:14 PM||3497 km||2173 miles||1888 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.