Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.92 meters/second, 1619.7 km/hour, 1006.4 miles/hour or 874.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.77 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 58.2"||1006.45 mi||west||0° 11' 16.1"||12.90 mi||north||1006.52 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 17.9"||741.66 mi||east||4° 25' 24.9"||303.97 mi||north||800.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 7:24 PM||376 km||233 miles||203 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Wed 7:24 PM||2048 km||1272 miles||1106 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 6:24 PM||2164 km||1345 miles||1168 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 7:24 PM||2348 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Wed 7:24 PM||2463 km||1531 miles||1330 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 5:24 PM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 7:24 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Wed 6:24 PM||2744 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 5:24 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 6:24 PM||3291 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.