Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 10:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 10:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.88 meters/second, 1619.6 kilometres/hour, 1006.3 miles/hour or 874.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 05.5"||1006.28 mi||West||0° 11' 11.8"||12.82 mi||North||1006.32 mi|
|24 hours||10° 41' 35.0"||739.45 mi||East||4° 22' 44.9"||300.89 mi||North||797.07 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Thu 7:24 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SSE|
|Sofifi||Thu 7:24 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||W|
|Ternate||Thu 7:24 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||W|
|Koror||Thu 7:24 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Thu 7:24 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNE|
|Ambon||Thu 7:24 PM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||SW|
|Manado||Thu 6:24 PM||933 km||579 miles||504 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 7:24 PM||936 km||581 miles||505 nm||ESE|
|General Santos||Thu 6:24 PM||1039 km||646 miles||561 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Thu 6:24 PM||1058 km||657 miles||571 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.