Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.86 meters/second, 1619.5 km/hour, 1006.3 miles/hour or 874.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 06.5"||1006.23 mi||West||0° 11' 10.9"||12.81 mi||North||1006.27 mi|
|24 hours||10° 41' 20.5"||739.13 mi||East||4° 22' 15.7"||300.34 mi||North||796.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gorontalo||Thu 7:14 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||ESE|
|Palu||Thu 7:14 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Thu 7:14 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||E|
|Samarinda||Thu 7:14 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||WSW|
|Mamuju||Thu 7:14 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Balikpapan||Thu 7:14 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||WSW|
|Zamboanga City||Thu 7:14 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||N|
|Kendari||Thu 7:14 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSE|
|General Santos||Thu 7:14 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||NE|
|Ternate||Thu 8:14 PM||704 km||438 miles||380 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.