Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.82 meters/second, 1619.4 km/hour, 1006.2 miles/hour or 874.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.77 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 07.9"||1006.22 mi||west||0° 11' 09.6"||12.78 mi||north||1006.26 mi|
|24 hours||10° 41' 01.4"||738.74 mi||east||4° 21' 33.1"||299.55 mi||north||795.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Johor Bahru||Thu 8:24 PM||26 km||16 miles||14 nm||SSW|
|Singapore||Thu 8:24 PM||44 km||28 miles||24 nm||S|
|Tanjung Pinang||Thu 7:24 PM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||SE|
|Malacca City||Thu 8:24 PM||186 km||116 miles||100 nm||WNW|
|Kuantan||Thu 8:24 PM||242 km||150 miles||130 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Thu 8:24 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||WNW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 8:24 PM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||NW|
|Pekanbaru||Thu 7:24 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||WSW|
|Jambi||Thu 7:24 PM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||S|
|Ipoh||Thu 8:24 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.