Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.60 meters/second, 1618.6 kilometres/hour, 1005.7 miles/hour or 874.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 13.3"||1005.65 mi||West||0° 11' 03.9"||12.67 mi||North||1005.65 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 58.6"||737.03 mi||East||4° 18' 19.6"||295.84 mi||North||792.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arua||Thu 8:24 PM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||NW|
|Gulu||Thu 8:24 PM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||E|
|Lira||Thu 8:24 PM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||ESE|
|Juba||Thu 8:24 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||N|
|Kampala||Thu 8:24 PM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||SSE|
|Entebbe||Thu 8:24 PM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||SSE|
|Mbale||Thu 8:24 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||ESE|
|Mbarara||Thu 8:24 PM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||SSW|
|Yambio||Thu 8:24 PM||394 km||245 miles||212 nm||WNW|
|Kisumu||Thu 8:24 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.