Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.59 meters/second, 1618.5 kilometres/hour, 1005.7 miles/hour or 873.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 13.6"||1005.63 mi||West||0° 11' 03.7"||12.67 mi||North||1005.63 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 57.0"||736.99 mi||East||4° 18' 12.8"||295.71 mi||North||792.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yambio||Thu 8:34 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NNW|
|Arua||Thu 8:34 PM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||E|
|Gulu||Thu 8:34 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||E|
|Juba||Thu 8:34 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||NE|
|Obo||Thu 6:34 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Mbarara||Thu 8:34 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SSE|
|Lira||Thu 8:34 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||E|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 7:34 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||S|
|Kisangani||Thu 7:34 PM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Goma||Thu 7:34 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.