Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 18.0"||1004.71 mi||West||0° 10' 55.9"||12.52 mi||North||1004.68 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 19.7"||735.54 mi||East||4° 14' 03.7"||290.97 mi||North||788.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Thu 8:14 PM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||NE|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Thu 8:14 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||NNW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 8:14 PM||297 km||184 miles||160 nm||NW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Thu 8:14 PM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||WNW|
|New Amsterdam||Thu 7:14 PM||524 km||325 miles||283 nm||WNW|
|Linden||Thu 7:14 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||WNW|
|Georgetown||Thu 7:14 PM||618 km||384 miles||333 nm||NW|
|Belém||Thu 8:14 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||SE|
|Manaus||Thu 7:14 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Thu 7:14 PM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.