Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 23, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 74%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.08 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 18.8"||1004.47 mi||west||0° 10' 54.1"||12.48 mi||north||1004.44 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 16.3"||735.29 mi||east||4° 13' 07.9"||289.90 mi||north||788.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mitú||Thu 7:24 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SSE|
|Villavicencio||Thu 7:24 PM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||W|
|Bogota||Thu 7:24 PM||373 km||232 miles||202 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Thu 7:54 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||ENE|
|Bucaramanga||Thu 7:24 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NW|
|Cúcuta||Thu 7:24 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNW|
|Manizales||Thu 7:24 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||WNW|
|Pereira||Thu 7:24 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||W|
|San Fernando de Apure||Thu 7:54 PM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||NE|
|Florencia||Thu 7:24 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.