Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 23, 2012 at 4:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 04:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.68 meters/second, 1615.2 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 20.8"||1003.57 mi||West||0° 10' 47.5"||12.36 mi||North||1003.52 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 15.1"||734.58 mi||East||4° 09' 51.2"||286.15 mi||North||785.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:24 PM||3191 km||1982 miles||1723 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Thu 8:24 PM||3287 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||S|
|Hermosillo||Thu 9:24 PM||3295 km||2048 miles||1779 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 6:24 PM||3351 km||2082 miles||1809 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Thu 8:24 PM||3435 km||2134 miles||1855 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 10:24 PM||3607 km||2241 miles||1948 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Thu 9:24 PM||3631 km||2256 miles||1960 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Thu 6:24 PM||3646 km||2265 miles||1968 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Thu 8:24 PM||3729 km||2317 miles||2013 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Thu 8:24 PM||3758 km||2335 miles||2029 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.