Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 23, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.45 meters/second, 1614.4 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 21.7"||1003.06 mi||West||0° 10' 44.1"||12.29 mi||North||1003.00 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 20.5"||734.30 mi||East||4° 08' 06.9"||284.17 mi||North||784.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 8:24 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 8:24 PM||1808 km||1123 miles||976 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Thu 6:24 PM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:24 PM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Fri 8:24 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 8:24 PM||2651 km||1647 miles||1432 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 8:24 PM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:24 PM||2949 km||1833 miles||1592 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 7:24 PM||2968 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 6:24 PM||3261 km||2027 miles||1761 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.