Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 23, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.45 meters/second, 1614.4 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 21.7"||1003.06 mi||west||0° 10' 44.1"||12.29 mi||north||1003.00 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 20.5"||734.30 mi||east||4° 08' 06.9"||284.17 mi||north||784.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 8:24 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Thu 8:24 PM||1808 km||1123 miles||976 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Thu 6:24 PM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:24 PM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Fri 8:24 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 8:24 PM||2651 km||1647 miles||1432 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 8:24 PM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:24 PM||2949 km||1833 miles||1592 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 7:24 PM||2968 km||1844 miles||1602 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 6:24 PM||3261 km||2027 miles||1761 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.