Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 23, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.63 meters/second, 1611.5 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 22.8"||1001.22 mi||West||0° 10' 32.4"||12.07 mi||North||1001.13 mi|
|24 hours||10° 40' 01.7"||733.72 mi||East||4° 02' 20.9"||277.58 mi||North||781.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Fri 8:36 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 8:36 PM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||ESE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 8:36 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 8:36 PM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 8:36 PM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||E|
|Kuching||Fri 8:36 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Fri 7:36 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||SSW|
|Nha Trang||Fri 7:36 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||NNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 7:36 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Fri 7:36 PM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.