Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 23, 2012 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 23, 2012 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.92 meters/second, 1608.9 km/hour, 999.7 miles/hour or 868.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 22.6"||999.62 mi||West||0° 10' 22.6"||11.89 mi||North||999.51 mi|
|24 hours||10° 40' 55.3"||733.58 mi||East||3° 57' 40.2"||272.23 mi||North||779.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kebri Dahar||Fri 8:14 PM||24 km||15 miles||13 nm||SW|
|Degehabur||Fri 8:14 PM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||NNW|
|Hargeisa||Fri 8:14 PM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||N|
|Galkayo||Fri 8:14 PM||331 km||205 miles||179 nm||E|
|Berbera||Fri 8:14 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||N|
|Dire Dawa||Fri 8:14 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Fri 8:14 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Fri 8:14 PM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Fri 8:14 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||NNW|
|Mogadishu||Fri 8:14 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.