Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.58 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.7 miles/hour or 866.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.3"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 20.5"||996.61 mi||west||0° 10' 05.1"||11.55 mi||north||996.46 mi|
|24 hours||10° 43' 01.3"||733.80 mi||east||3° 49' 22.4"||262.75 mi||north||775.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ciudad Bolívar||Fri 8:16 PM||213 km||133 miles||115 nm||E|
|San Fernando de Apure||Fri 8:16 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||W|
|Caracas||Fri 8:16 PM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||NNW|
|Maturín||Fri 8:16 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||NE|
|Maracay||Fri 8:16 PM||323 km||201 miles||174 nm||NW|
|Valencia||Fri 8:16 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Fri 8:16 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||SW|
|Barquisimeto||Fri 8:16 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||WNW|
|San Fernando||Fri 8:46 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||ENE|
|Port of Spain||Fri 8:46 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.