Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.99 meters/second, 1591.2 kilometres/hour, 988.7 miles/hour or 859.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 08.4"||988.55 mi||West||0° 09' 19.1"||10.67 mi||North||988.35 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 03.3"||736.01 mi||East||3° 28' 15.1"||238.59 mi||North||769.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Sat 8:24 PM||244 km||151 miles||132 nm||NE|
|Bosaso||Sat 8:24 PM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||W|
|Al Mukalla||Sat 8:24 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||NW|
|Salalah||Sat 9:24 PM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||NNE|
|Galkayo||Sat 8:24 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||SW|
|Aden||Sat 8:24 PM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||WNW|
|Hargeisa||Sat 8:24 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||W|
|Ta'izz||Sat 8:24 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||WNW|
|Sana||Sat 8:24 PM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||WNW|
|Djibouti||Sat 8:24 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.