Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 26, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 26, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.44 meters/second, 1560.4 km/hour, 969.6 miles/hour or 842.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.9"||969.34 mi||West||0° 07' 19.6"||8.40 mi||North||969.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 58.5"||744.48 mi||East||2° 35' 24.4"||178.11 mi||North||760.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Christiansted||Sun 10:14 PM||253 km||157 miles||136 nm||N|
|The Bottom||Sun 10:14 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||NE|
|Arroyo||Sun 10:14 PM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||NNW|
|Oranjestad (St. Eust.)||Sun 10:14 PM||305 km||189 miles||164 nm||NE|
|Charlestown||Sun 10:14 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||NE|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sun 10:14 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||NE|
|Cruz Bay||Sun 10:14 PM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||N|
|Charlotte Amalie||Sun 10:14 PM||318 km||197 miles||171 nm||N|
|Brades||Sun 10:14 PM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||ENE|
|Caguas||Sun 10:14 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.