Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 26, 2012 at 8:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 26, 2012 at 20:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.74 meters/second, 1543.5 km/hour, 959.1 miles/hour or 833.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 54.3"||958.79 mi||West||0° 05' 59.0"||6.86 mi||North||958.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 32.5"||749.53 mi||East||2° 00' 45.0"||138.41 mi||North||757.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khartoum||Mon 11:14 PM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||SSW|
|Kassala||Mon 11:14 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Teseney||Mon 11:14 PM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||SE|
|Port Sudan||Mon 11:14 PM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||ENE|
|Kosti||Mon 11:14 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||S|
|Keren||Mon 11:14 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||ESE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Mon 11:14 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Asmara||Mon 11:14 PM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||ESE|
|Mendefera||Mon 11:14 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||ESE|
|Jeddah||Mon 11:14 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.