Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.52 meters/second, 1539.1 km/hour, 956.3 miles/hour or 831.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||956.06 mi||West||0° 05' 34.9"||6.40 mi||North||955.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 32.4"||750.80 mi||East||1° 50' 30.3"||126.68 mi||North||757.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Tue 12:14 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||E|
|Cayenne||Mon 10:14 PM||2028 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 10:14 PM||2193 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 9:14 PM||2251 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||W|
|Dakar||Tue 1:14 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||E|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 9:14 PM||2363 km||1468 miles||1276 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 9:14 PM||2369 km||1472 miles||1279 nm||W|
|Belém||Mon 10:14 PM||2375 km||1476 miles||1282 nm||SSW|
|Roseau||Mon 9:14 PM||2381 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Mon 9:14 PM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.