Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.32 meters/second, 1538.4 km/hour, 955.9 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||955.61 mi||West||0° 05' 30.8"||6.32 mi||North||955.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 01.6"||751.00 mi||East||1° 48' 46.5"||124.69 mi||North||757.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 10:04 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 10:04 PM||1108 km||688 miles||598 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 10:04 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 10:04 PM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||W|
|Castries||Mon 10:04 PM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 10:04 PM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Mon 10:04 PM||1190 km||740 miles||643 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 10:04 PM||1211 km||752 miles||654 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Mon 10:04 PM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Mon 10:04 PM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.