Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.28 meters/second, 1538.2 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.4"||955.58 mi||west||0° 05' 29.9"||6.30 mi||north||955.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 07.9"||751.10 mi||east||1° 48' 23.3"||124.26 mi||north||757.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Mon 10:14 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 10:14 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WSW|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 10:14 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 10:14 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||W|
|Roseau||Mon 10:14 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 10:14 PM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 10:14 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Mon 10:14 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Mon 10:14 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||W|
|Vieux Fort||Mon 10:14 PM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.