Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.24 meters/second, 1538.1 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||north||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||955.43 mi||west||0° 05' 29.0"||6.29 mi||north||955.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 13.1"||751.08 mi||east||1° 48' 04.9"||123.90 mi||north||757.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 10:24 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||W|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 10:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 10:24 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 10:24 PM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 10:24 PM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 10:24 PM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||SW|
|Brades||Mon 10:24 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 10:24 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Castries||Mon 10:24 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 10:24 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.