Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.24 meters/second, 1538.1 km/hour, 955.7 miles/hour or 830.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||955.43 mi||West||0° 05' 29.0"||6.29 mi||North||955.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 13.1"||751.08 mi||East||1° 48' 04.9"||123.90 mi||North||757.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 10:24 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||W|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Mon 10:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 10:24 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||W|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Mon 10:24 PM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Mon 10:24 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Mon 10:24 PM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||SW|
|Brades||Mon 10:24 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Mon 10:24 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Castries||Mon 10:24 PM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||SW|
|Charlestown||Mon 10:24 PM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.