Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.16 meters/second, 1537.8 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.10 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.6"||955.24 mi||West||0° 05' 27.3"||6.25 mi||North||955.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 25.7"||751.17 mi||East||1° 47' 19.0"||123.02 mi||North||757.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Mon 10:46 PM||62 km||39 miles||34 nm||SSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Mon 10:46 PM||116 km||72 miles||62 nm||SSW|
|Gustavia||Mon 10:46 PM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||W|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Mon 10:46 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||SW|
|Charlestown||Mon 10:46 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||SW|
|Philipsburg||Mon 10:46 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||W|
|Brades||Mon 10:46 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSW|
|The Valley||Mon 10:46 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||W|
|Marigot||Mon 10:46 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||W|
|The Bottom (Saba)||Mon 10:46 PM||192 km||120 miles||104 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.