Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 8:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 08:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.79 meters/second, 1532.8 km/hour, 952.5 miles/hour or 827.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.2"||952.17 mi||West||0° 04' 57.1"||5.68 mi||North||951.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 45.2"||752.52 mi||East||1° 34' 37.6"||108.48 mi||North||756.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Mon 10:46 PM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:46 PM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:46 PM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Mon 9:46 PM||3109 km||1932 miles||1679 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Tue 12:46 AM||3317 km||2061 miles||1791 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 12:46 AM||3464 km||2152 miles||1870 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:46 PM||3660 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||WSW|
|Las Vegas||Tue 12:46 AM||3811 km||2368 miles||2058 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:46 PM||3964 km||2463 miles||2140 nm||SW|
|Phoenix||Tue 1:46 AM||3986 km||2477 miles||2152 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.