Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 1:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 13:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.83 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.4"||950.03 mi||West||0° 04' 34.1"||5.24 mi||North||949.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 02.4"||753.42 mi||East||1° 24' 58.9"||97.43 mi||North||756.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 11:14 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:14 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 10:14 PM||1803 km||1121 miles||974 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 12:14 AM||1842 km||1144 miles||995 nm||SE|
|Shizuoka||Tue 10:14 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 10:14 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Tue 10:14 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Tue 10:14 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Tue 10:14 PM||1964 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Tue 10:14 PM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.