Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.72 meters/second, 1529.0 kilometres/hour, 950.1 miles/hour or 825.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.7"||949.78 mi||West||0° 04' 31.5"||5.19 mi||North||949.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 18.1"||753.52 mi||East||1° 23' 49.1"||96.09 mi||North||756.41 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Tue 11:46 PM||862 km||535 miles||465 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:46 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Tue 10:46 PM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||SSW|
|Kumamoto||Tue 10:46 PM||1721 km||1069 miles||929 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Tue 10:46 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||N|
|Osaka||Tue 10:46 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Tue 10:46 PM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||N|
|Kobe||Tue 10:46 PM||1769 km||1099 miles||955 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Tue 10:46 PM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||N|
|Nagoya||Tue 10:46 PM||1797 km||1116 miles||970 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.