Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.66 meters/second, 1528.8 km/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.2"||949.64 mi||West||0° 04' 29.8"||5.16 mi||North||949.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 26.9"||753.58 mi||East||1° 23' 09.8"||95.34 mi||North||756.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:04 AM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:04 PM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||S|
|Kagoshima||Tue 11:04 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Tue 10:04 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||WNW|
|Quezon||Tue 10:04 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Tue 10:04 PM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||WSW|
|Kumamoto||Tue 11:04 PM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||NNW|
|Davao||Tue 10:04 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||SW|
|Fukuoka||Tue 11:04 PM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Tue 11:04 PM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.