Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.63 meters/second, 1528.7 km/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.83 mi||west||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||north||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.0"||949.57 mi||west||0° 04' 28.9"||5.14 mi||north||949.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 31.7"||753.61 mi||east||1° 22' 47.9"||94.93 mi||north||756.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Tue 10:14 PM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Tue 10:14 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Tue 10:14 PM||1264 km||785 miles||682 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:14 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Tue 11:14 PM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||N|
|Davao||Tue 10:14 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:14 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||ESE|
|Kumamoto||Tue 11:14 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||N|
|General Santos||Tue 10:14 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSW|
|Fukuoka||Tue 11:14 PM||1623 km||1009 miles||876 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.