Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.63 meters/second, 1528.7 kilometres/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 26.0"||949.57 mi||West||0° 04' 28.9"||5.14 mi||North||949.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 31.7"||753.61 mi||East||1° 22' 47.9"||94.93 mi||North||756.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Tue 10:14 PM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Tue 10:14 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Tue 10:14 PM||1267 km||787 miles||684 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:14 PM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||SSE|
|Kagoshima||Tue 11:14 PM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||N|
|Davao||Tue 10:14 PM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:14 AM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||ESE|
|Kumamoto||Tue 11:14 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||N|
|General Santos||Tue 10:14 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSW|
|Fukuoka||Tue 11:14 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.