Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.59 meters/second, 1528.5 km/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.8"||949.49 mi||West||0° 04' 28.1"||5.12 mi||North||949.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 36.6"||753.64 mi||East||1° 22' 26.1"||94.51 mi||North||756.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Tue 10:24 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Tue 10:24 PM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Tue 10:24 PM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||NW|
|Foochow||Tue 10:24 PM||1303 km||810 miles||704 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Tue 10:24 PM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Tue 11:24 PM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||N|
|Davao||Tue 10:24 PM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Tue 11:24 PM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||SSE|
|Shantou||Tue 10:24 PM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Tue 10:24 PM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.