Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.48 meters/second, 1528.1 km/hour, 949.5 miles/hour or 825.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.83 mi||west||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||north||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.9"||949.30 mi||west||0° 04' 25.3"||5.07 mi||north||949.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 52.4"||753.80 mi||east||1° 21' 13.6"||93.13 mi||north||756.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baguio City||Tue 10:56 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||SSW|
|Tarlac City||Tue 10:56 PM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Tue 10:56 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Kaohsiung||Tue 10:56 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNW|
|Angeles||Tue 10:56 PM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Tue 10:56 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||S|
|Olongapo||Tue 10:56 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Tue 10:56 PM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
|Makati||Tue 10:56 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||S|
|Taichung||Tue 10:56 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.