Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 3:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 15:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.42 meters/second, 1527.9 km/hour, 949.4 miles/hour or 825.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.6"||949.11 mi||West||0° 04' 23.7"||5.04 mi||North||948.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 00.5"||753.79 mi||East||1° 20' 36.7"||92.42 mi||North||756.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Shantou||Tue 11:14 PM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||N|
|Kowloon||Tue 11:14 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||NW|
|Hong Kong||Tue 11:14 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NW|
|Shenzhen||Tue 11:14 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||NW|
|Macau||Tue 11:14 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||NW|
|Tarlac City||Tue 11:14 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SE|
|Kaohsiung||Tue 11:14 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||NE|
|Mabalacat||Tue 11:14 PM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||SE|
|Angeles||Tue 11:14 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SE|
|Olongapo||Tue 11:14 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.