Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 8:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 20:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.49 meters/second, 1524.6 km/hour, 947.3 miles/hour or 823.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.9"||947.02 mi||West||0° 03' 58.0"||4.55 mi||North||946.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 11.3"||754.60 mi||East||1° 09' 55.8"||80.18 mi||North||756.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Tue 11:04 PM||488 km||304 miles||264 nm||WSW|
|Sana||Tue 11:04 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Riyadh||Tue 11:04 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||N|
|Al Mukalla||Tue 11:04 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||SSE|
|Al Hudaydah||Tue 11:04 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SW|
|Ta'izz||Tue 11:04 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSW|
|Aden||Tue 11:04 PM||777 km||483 miles||419 nm||SSW|
|Salalah||Wed 12:04 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||ESE|
|Doha||Tue 11:04 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Tue 11:04 PM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.