Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.43 meters/second, 1524.3 km/hour, 947.2 miles/hour or 823.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.4"||946.88 mi||West||0° 03' 56.3"||4.52 mi||North||946.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 19.7"||754.65 mi||East||1° 09' 11.4"||79.32 mi||North||756.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Tue 11:24 PM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||SSE|
|Makkah||Tue 11:24 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||NW|
|Jeddah||Tue 11:24 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Sana||Tue 11:24 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||SSE|
|Al Hudaydah||Tue 11:24 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Port Sudan||Tue 11:24 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||W|
|Keren||Tue 11:24 PM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||SW|
|Asmara||Tue 11:24 PM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||SW|
|Medina||Tue 11:24 PM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNW|
|Mendefera||Tue 11:24 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.