Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 1:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 01:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.47 meters/second, 1520.9 kilometres/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 10.4"||944.73 mi||West||0° 03' 26.4"||3.95 mi||North||944.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 29.6"||755.39 mi||East||0° 56' 50.4"||65.17 mi||North||755.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Wed 12:54 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Wed 1:54 AM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||ESE|
|Nouakchott||Wed 1:54 AM||2273 km||1413 miles||1227 nm||E|
|Ponta Delgada||Wed 12:54 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||NNE|
|Cayenne||Tue 10:54 PM||2304 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||SW|
|Banjul||Wed 1:54 AM||2339 km||1454 miles||1263 nm||ESE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 10:54 PM||2463 km||1530 miles||1330 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 9:54 PM||2474 km||1538 miles||1336 nm||WSW|
|Bissau||Wed 1:54 AM||2505 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||ESE|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 9:54 PM||2571 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.