Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 02:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.42 meters/second, 1520.7 km/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.9"||944.61 mi||West||0° 03' 24.6"||3.91 mi||North||944.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 36.8"||755.42 mi||East||0° 56' 05.2"||64.31 mi||North||755.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 11:14 PM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:14 PM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||WSW|
|Praia||Wed 1:14 AM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||ESE|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 10:14 PM||2074 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:14 PM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 10:14 PM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Tue 11:14 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||SW|
|Castries||Tue 10:14 PM||2088 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:14 PM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 10:14 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.