Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.36 meters/second, 1520.5 km/hour, 944.8 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.6"||944.49 mi||West||0° 03' 22.8"||3.88 mi||North||944.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 43.9"||755.46 mi||East||0° 55' 20.0"||63.44 mi||North||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:34 PM||1525 km||947 miles||823 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:34 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 10:34 PM||1588 km||987 miles||858 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 10:34 PM||1591 km||988 miles||859 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:34 PM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 10:34 PM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 10:34 PM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 10:34 PM||1673 km||1040 miles||903 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Tue 11:34 PM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 11:34 PM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.