Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.33 meters/second, 1520.4 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.07 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.3"||944.42 mi||West||0° 03' 21.7"||3.86 mi||North||944.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 48.1"||755.49 mi||East||0° 54' 52.7"||62.92 mi||North||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:46 PM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:46 PM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 10:46 PM||1303 km||809 miles||703 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 10:46 PM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:46 PM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 10:46 PM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 10:46 PM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 10:46 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Tue 10:46 PM||1520 km||945 miles||821 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 10:46 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.