Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 02:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.30 meters/second, 1520.3 kilometres/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.1"||944.36 mi||West||0° 03' 20.8"||3.84 mi||North||944.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 51.6"||755.50 mi||East||0° 54' 30.0"||62.49 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 10:56 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 10:56 PM||1034 km||642 miles||558 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 10:56 PM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:56 PM||1070 km||665 miles||577 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Tue 10:56 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 10:56 PM||1084 km||673 miles||585 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Tue 10:56 PM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 10:56 PM||1116 km||694 miles||603 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Tue 10:56 PM||1193 km||742 miles||644 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Tue 10:56 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.