Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 03:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 03:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.28 meters/second, 1520.2 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.0"||944.37 mi||west||0° 03' 19.9"||3.82 mi||north||944.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 54.8"||755.57 mi||east||0° 54' 09.4"||62.10 mi||north||755.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 11:04 PM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 11:04 PM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 11:04 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 11:04 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Tue 11:04 PM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 11:04 PM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 11:04 PM||886 km||551 miles||479 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 11:04 PM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 11:04 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||SW|
|The Valley||Tue 11:04 PM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.