Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 03:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.28 meters/second, 1520.2 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 09.0"||944.31 mi||West||0° 03' 20.0"||3.82 mi||North||944.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 54.5"||755.52 mi||East||0° 54' 11.9"||62.14 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 11:04 PM||818 km||509 miles||442 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 11:04 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 11:04 PM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 11:04 PM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Tue 11:04 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Tue 11:04 PM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 11:04 PM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||WSW|
|Charlestown||Tue 11:04 PM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 11:04 PM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 11:04 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.