Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.23 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.5"||944.25 mi||west||0° 03' 18.2"||3.79 mi||north||944.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 01.9"||755.61 mi||east||0° 53' 24.1"||61.23 mi||north||755.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Tue 11:24 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 11:24 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Tue 11:24 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Tue 11:24 PM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||WSW|
|Marigot||Tue 11:24 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 11:24 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SW|
|Brades||Tue 11:24 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||SW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 11:24 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 11:24 PM||493 km||307 miles||266 nm||SSW|
|Roseau||Tue 11:24 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.