Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 4:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.10 meters/second, 1519.6 km/hour, 944.2 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.6"||943.90 mi||West||0° 03' 13.6"||3.70 mi||North||943.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 18.4"||755.64 mi||East||0° 51' 33.1"||59.10 mi||North||755.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Plata||Wed 12:14 AM||75 km||46 miles||40 nm||ESE|
|Cap-Haïtien||Tue 11:14 PM||90 km||56 miles||48 nm||WSW|
|Santiago de los Caballeros||Wed 12:14 AM||91 km||57 miles||49 nm||SE|
|Labadee||Tue 11:14 PM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||WSW|
|Concepción de La Vega||Wed 12:14 AM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||SE|
|San Juan de la Maguana||Wed 12:14 AM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||S|
|Gonaïves||Tue 11:14 PM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||WSW|
|Cockburn Town||Tue 11:14 PM||166 km||103 miles||89 nm||N|
|Cockburn Harbour||Tue 11:14 PM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||N|
|Port-au-Prince||Tue 11:14 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.