Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 7:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 07:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.65 meters/second, 1517.9 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.3"||942.89 mi||West||0° 02' 57.0"||3.38 mi||North||942.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 15.8"||755.92 mi||East||0° 44' 42.6"||51.26 mi||North||755.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Wed 12:14 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Wed 1:14 AM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Wed 12:14 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Wed 1:14 AM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||E|
|Chihuahua||Wed 12:14 AM||1301 km||808 miles||703 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Wed 1:14 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||E|
|Leon||Wed 1:14 AM||1385 km||860 miles||748 nm||E|
|Mexicali||Tue 11:14 PM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||N|
|Tijuana||Tue 11:14 PM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||N|
|Tucson||Wed 12:14 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.