Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 7:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 07:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.58 meters/second, 1517.7 km/hour, 943.0 miles/hour or 819.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 03.6"||942.72 mi||West||0° 02' 54.1"||3.33 mi||North||942.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 25.4"||755.97 mi||East||0° 43' 29.3"||49.86 mi||North||755.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Tue 11:46 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Tue 11:46 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 12:46 AM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Tue 11:46 PM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 11:46 PM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Wed 12:46 AM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Wed 12:46 AM||1808 km||1123 miles||976 nm||NNE|
|San Jose (USA)||Tue 11:46 PM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Tue 11:46 PM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Tue 11:46 PM||1953 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.