Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 09:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.30 meters/second, 1516.7 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||north||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 01.6"||942.11 mi||west||0° 02' 42.8"||3.11 mi||north||941.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 59.2"||756.12 mi||east||0° 38' 54.1"||44.60 mi||north||755.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Tue 11:46 PM||358 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Wailuku||Tue 11:46 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:46 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:46 PM||2125 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:46 PM||2745 km||1705 miles||1482 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Wed 1:46 AM||3426 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:46 PM||3493 km||2171 miles||1886 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 1:46 AM||3629 km||2255 miles||1959 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:46 PM||3913 km||2431 miles||2113 nm||SW|
|Unalaska||Wed 12:46 AM||3942 km||2449 miles||2128 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.