Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.92 meters/second, 1515.3 km/hour, 941.6 miles/hour or 818.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||941.26 mi||West||0° 02' 25.9"||2.79 mi||North||941.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 44.2"||756.29 mi||East||0° 31' 59.3"||36.68 mi||North||755.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 12:46 AM||234 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Thu 12:46 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 11:46 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 1:46 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 10:46 PM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:46 AM||2283 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 12:46 AM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Wed 9:46 PM||2975 km||1849 miles||1606 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:46 AM||3029 km||1882 miles||1636 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 11:46 PM||3340 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.