Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.92 meters/second, 1515.3 km/hour, 941.6 miles/hour or 818.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||941.26 mi||west||0° 02' 25.9"||2.79 mi||north||941.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 44.2"||756.29 mi||east||0° 31' 59.3"||36.68 mi||north||755.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 12:46 AM||234 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Thu 12:46 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 11:46 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 1:46 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 10:46 PM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 12:46 AM||2283 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 12:46 AM||2327 km||1446 miles||1256 nm||S|
|Tokyo||Wed 9:46 PM||2975 km||1849 miles||1606 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 12:46 AM||3029 km||1882 miles||1636 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 11:46 PM||3340 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.